Date: February 2, 2013
Where: Telluride Conference Center
Calling lovers of all kinds, the 18th annual Chocolate Lover’s Fling, a fundraiser for the San Miguel Resource Center, is just around the corner on Saturday, Feb. 2nd at the Telluride Conference Center from 7:30 to 11:30 pm. If you are a lover of non-violence, and I know you are, help us to end domestic violence and sexual assault in our community by attending our annual fundraiser, the Chocolate Lover’s Fling. This event helps us to raise one third of our annual budget. If you are a lover of chocolate, it doesn’t get any better than dozens of bite sized chocolate desserts from our premiere regional chefs, all centered around the “Vegas” theme. If you are a lover of dancing, DJ Harry will be helping us move with his exceptional music all night long.
At the Chocolate Lover’s Fling you can dance, eat delectable chocolate, bid at the silent auction, participate in our cash raffle, and support a great cause all at the same time. New this year, the will be some “Vegas” inspired games to bring out the gambler in all of us. There are cash prizes for the best dressed and good karma for all. Tickets are available at Two Skirts or here on our website for $40 for a single ticket and $75 for 2 tickets until Sunday, January 27th. Tickets will be $50 after January 27th and at the event.
Tickets purchased on our website will be held at will call or can be picked up at the San Miguel Resource Center office, located in the bottom floor of the Ice House Lodge across from Smuggler’s Restaurant.
There are two other ways to support the San Miguel Resource Center. Save your Cash Savers and donate them at Clarks during the week of January 27th- February 2nd and you can also become an SMRC Special Contributor. Please see the information on Special Contributions below.
Eliminating domestic violence and sexual assault is our mission. Serving the victims of San Miguel County is our passion. Fundraising is our means of making it all happen.Numbers are growing in San Miguel County and in 2010 the San Miguel Resource Center:
- Served 218 clients in San Miguel County:
- 148 of domestic violence, 44 of sexual assault, 26 other
- Provided 1,817 service phone calls
- Conducted 1,421 face‐to‐face contacts
- Safe‐housed 29 adults and children for 39 nights
To provide the above services we rely on Special Contributors like you. One-third of our operating budget comes from donors and the proceeds from the Chocolate Lover’s Fling, our annual fundraiser. On February 2, 2013, we celebrate the Fling’s 18th year with the theme “Vegas”. The Fling is a grand event showcasing chocolate sensations from top regional chefs, an incredible silent auction and dancing to the legendary DJ Harry.
Please join our efforts toward eliminating domestic violence and sexual assault in our community. We thank you for being a part of our mission.
Eliminating domestic violence and sexual assault is our mission. Serving the victims of San Miguel County is our passion. Fundraising is our means of making it all happen.
Options for Donating
There are two ways you can make your contribution:
- Donate online using PayPal. The SMRC will receive the funds along with your address so that we can mail you a tax receipt for your contribution. If you donate over $250, we will also send you tickets to this year’s Chocolate Lovers’ Fling.
- Make your contribution by mail. Download our Special Contributor Form and mail it to the SMRC at P.O. Box 3243, Telluride, CO 81435. We will mail you a tax receipt for your contribution. If you donate over $250, we will also send you tickets to this year’s Chocolate Lovers’ Fling. Download the Special Contributor Form Here
Special Contributor Donation Categories:
|Cocoa Crème de la Crème
|$ 5,000 and up
|$ 1,500- 4,999
|$ 250- 499
|$ 50- 249