Are you looking for the best luxury hotel in Telluride, CO? This picturesque ski town in Southwest Colorado features a variety of upscale lodgings for those who are planning a visit here. Whether you’re going alone, with a friend or group of friends,or as a family, you’ll find cozy accommodations close to your favorite mountain activities. Start picturing your most unforgettable mountain getaway with recommendations from a resident Telluride, CO real estate agent, TD Smith.
Top luxury hotels and resorts in Telluride, CO and Mountain Village, CO
First things first; getting there. You have the option to fly directly via the Telluride Airport (TEX). This flight goes through Denver on Denver Air Connection United. Alternatively, choose a nonstop flight from major cities in the U.S. (including Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, Phoenix, and, Dallas) to Telluride/Montrose Regional Airport (MTJ). Once you get your flight details sorted out, select among the hotels rated three or more stars in the area. Below, a few of the best luxury hotels in Telluride, CO and the Mountain Village areas.
Inn at Lost Creek
119 Lost Creek Ln, Mountain Village, CO 81435 [ai_phone href=”+1.970.728.5678″]970.728.5678[/ai_phone] Visitors praise this charming inn for its warmth and hospitality, and top perks like its prime ski-in and ski-out location. Stay in one of the inn’s 27 suites fully equipped with a kitchen, fireplace, jetted tub, and more. Studio accommodations for solo guests or couples are available for those who don’t need all the bells and whistles. Lounge in the balcony or soak in the rooftop hot tubs as you enjoy the majestic ski resort view. Head to the slopes or scenic trails, or ride the gondola that connects Telluride and Mountain Village. Or simply stay put, feast on your favorites at the on-site restaurant and bar, or unwind in your private hideaway.
Madeline Hotel & Residences, Auberge Resorts Collection
568 Mountain Village Blvd, Telluride, CO 81435 [ai_phone href=”+1.855.479.3469″]855.479.3469[/ai_phone] The top features of this hotel are its spacious and lavishly decorated rooms and the prime ski-in/ski-out or outdoor adventure access. Offering an in-house full-service spa, the resort gives you the option to spend a day or two pampering yourself. Select from 1 or 2-bedroom suites with a private balcony. You can take along up to two dogs – just make sure to check the extra fees and pet policies. If you’re traveling as a group, you can also rent out one of the private residences with up to four bedrooms. Feel right at home in any of the accommodations, and have a refreshing swim at the new heated outdoor pool.
The Auberge Residences at Element 52
398 S Davis St, Telluride, CO 81435 [ai_phone href=”+1.970.728.0701″]970.728.0701[/ai_phone] This premium mountainside lodging is located near the banksof the San Miguel River. It’s just a few steps to the free gondola to Telluride Mountain Village and Resort. You can take a quick stroll to the best restaurants in town, too. High-end residences featuring 2 to 5 bedrooms are available – some are even pet friendly. Revel in the mountain views from an expansive balcony. Enjoying opulent in-room amenities. Or spend a day at the Spa at Element 52 or the natural stone soaking pool.
Lumière with Inspirato
118 Lost Creek Ln, Telluride, CO 81435 [ai_phone href=”+1.970.369.0400″]970.369.0400[/ai_phone] Situated at the base of Lift 4 in the Telluride Mountain Village, this boutique luxury residence hotel offers first-class service and a Black Tie ski valet. This includes booking equipment fittings in your room so you can have the best gear before you hit the slopes. Limited to 18 boutique residences, this in-demand hotel features spacious rooms with a chef’s kitchen and other top-of-the-line furnishings. Choose any of the modern studios or suites available. The 5-bedroom penthouse features hardwood floors, a private rooftop hot tub, and numerous decks with prime mountain views.
The Peaks Resort & Spa
136 Country Club Dr, Telluride, CO 81435 [ai_phone href=”+1.970.728.6800″]970.728.6800[/ai_phone] Expect ski-in/ski-out accommodations, dining at Altezza Restaurant, and a mountain wellness spa. See if you can book a room with views of the surrounding peaks of the San Juan Mountains or the nearby village. Otherwise, accommodations remain stellar – cozy rooms and suites with a patio or balcony, oversized bathrooms with two sinks, and updated amenities. If you’re looking for the ultimate luxury experience, check out the penthouses or the separate “See Forever” luxury rentals . Some of the deluxe rooms are also pet-friendly.
The Hotel Telluride
199 Cornet Ln, Telluride, CO 81435 [ai_phone href=”+1.970.369.1188″]970.369.1188[/ai_phone] Feel transported to a European countryside in this boutique chalet. Nestled at the heart of downtown Telluride, the hotel is an easy walk to the shops, restaurants, and art galleries in the area. The hotel is also just a few blocks from the gondola ride to Telluride ski resort. The hotel offers a spa, a hot tub on the sundeck, and dining at the West End Bistro. It’s a great option for a solo traveler or a couple on a weekend getaway. Aside from the signature rooms or studio suite, you can book the Summit Suite. This is the hotel’s most exclusive one-bedroom suite that can accommodate up to four people. It features a main bedroom, a full bath with a Jacuzzi, tand two private balconies.
Mountain Lodge Telluride
457 Mountain Village Blvd, Telluride, CO 81435 [ai_phone href=”+1.970.369.5000″]970.369.5000[/ai_phone] This rustic retreat is aptly named. Quintessential lodge decor and soft leather furniture embody the Colorado mountain spirit. While evoking a bygone era, the facilities are decidedly modern, which includes an electric car charging station. The in-house View Bar & Grill offers delectable entrees or cocktails paired with breathtaking mountain views. Accommodations come in standard suites, while condos and log cabins with a warming fireplace offer up to six bedrooms. Jetted tubs, gourmet kitchens, and private balconies are among the top features. Other amenities include ski rentals, an outdoor heated pool, in-room spa services, and a free shuttle service to Mountain Village.
Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge
567 Mountain Village Blvd, Telluride, CO 81435 [ai_phone href=”+1.970.728.3318″]970.728.3318[/ai_phone] Expect the world-class service of a five-star hotel while having an authentic residential mountain experience. This lodge is at the base of Telluride Ski Resort, making it truly accessible for adventures on the slopes. With the Himmel Spa and an indoor/outdoor pool, it’s an excellent place to unwind after a day of outdoor activities. Choose from 2 and 3-bedroom residences. Take advantage of the fully equipped kitchen, drink your beverage in front of the fireplace or pamper yourself inside the spa-like bathrooms, and take in the stunning views in the outdoor areas.
The River Club Condos
550 W Depot Ave, Telluride, CO 81435 [ai_phone href=”+1.844.413.3378″]844.413.3378[/ai_phone] With an unbeatable location, The River Club Condos lets you explore the idyllic ski town. Perched by the banks of the San Miguel River, it’s just a few blocks from the free gondola. Don’t miss a sought-after amenity: the riverside hot tub with a mini waterfall and beautiful stonework. Condos come in 2 to 4-bedroom units with upscale amenities, giving you a wealth of options when it comes to traveling as a couple, with kids, with a pet, or as a family.
6 amenities and features to expect in luxury hotels in Telluride, CO
- The standard amenities Similar to top-tier hotels, the most upscale accommodations in the ski town offer concierge services and valet parking. Most have a fitness center and an on-site restaurant and bar. There’s also free Wi-Fi for your leisure and business needs. If you are telecommuting while traveling, call the hotel ahead of time to make arrangements.
- Luxurious amenities These include the spacious bedrooms, plush furnishings, modern bathrooms with tubs, and gourmet kitchens. Fireplaces and wide balconies are also a must for scenic winter destinations. Some hotels offer in-room spa services upon request.
- Swimming pools and spas A lot of these accommodations maintain heated pools, hot tubs, and spas. These are naturally a sought-after perk by guests, especially during the winter ski season.
- Ski-in/ski-out amenities Of course, the ultimate goal of many Telluride and Mountain Village visitors is hitting the slopes. Most of the nearby hotels offer ski lockers, rentals, and valet services. Alternatively, a few hotels offer golf valet services, too.
- Shuttle Service Guests wishing to explore the town can take a complimentary shuttle to Mountain Village or Telluride. Dine in the local restaurants, shop for souvenirs or things you need for your trip, and get a dose of the local culture by spending time in galleries or attending events in town.
- Pet-friendly units If you’re traveling with furry friends, make sure you read through the hotel’s pet policies or call them for any questions. Some may require a fee for cleaning and others will prepare pet amenities beforehand.
History and beauty: What sets telluride apart from other ski and mountain resorts
Still need some convincing? The destination offers much more than luxury hotels. Unique location. What really stands out is its location at the end of a lush box canyon. The surrounding views of the quaint town consist of Colorado’s most rugged peaks soaring to heights of 13,000 to 14,000 feet. While Telluride is known for alpine skiing, the place also feels like a set for a Wild West movie. A tiny, historic landmark. Did you know that the actual town of Telluride is just eight blocks wide and twelve blocks long? This tiny but mighty neighborhood was designated a National Historic Landmark District in 1964. Its significant role in American Western history and the well-preserved buildings are enough reason to visit. A charming connection: We can’t forget the adjacent Mountain Village. It’s connected to Telluride via a free, scenic gondola, a one-of-a-kind transportation system in the country. With access to the Telluride Ski Resort and Uncompahgre National Forest, Mountain Village sits 9,500 feet above the valley floor. Each gondola ride takes 13 minutes, which is enough time to delight in the lush mountains that surround the location. The town boasts a variety of boutiques, art galleries, gourmet restaurants, architectural landmarks, and other attractions. All make the Victorian-era residences nearby truly coveted. That makes staying in the Telluride, CO luxury hotels a good option for prospective residents or investors to get a feel of the place.
Beyond skiing: Activities and attractions near top luxury hotels in Telluride, CO
The town’s peak season may be winter, but the rest of the year offers plenty of other attractions. Summer is prime time for cultural events and thrilling outdoor activities. Discover many other adventures in this hidden gem of the Rocky Mountain region.
- Main Street. Cafes, bars, yoga studios, and independently owned shops line Telluride’s main road. Explore the area and discover Victorian homes, mining shacks, and clapboard storefronts. Like other small towns, bikes are more common than cars. But what’s unique is how ingrained skiing is in the local culture. It’s pretty common to find ski equipment in office closets.
- Free gondola. The free gondola is another favorite by tourists and locals alike. Fondly called “G,” the link between Telluride and Mountain Village is much more than just a means of transport. It also allows riders to fully appreciate the peaks surrounding the ski spot.
- Walking tour. Since Telluride is just a small town, one of the best ways to explore every block of it is via a walking tour. You’ll get to appreciate the native flower gardens, the architectural details of local structures, or learn about the town’s rich history. Begin your tour at the Telluride Historical Museum to learn about how the town began and design your own tour so you can hit all the spots you would like to see.
- Outdoor fun. Don’t missthe local parks. Explore the Bear Creek Trail (off the the end of South Pine Street). Take the 2.5-mile hike or a bike ride to Bear Creek Falls, an invigorating sight. Alternatively, you can follow the paved path that parallels Highway 145. Go fly fishing in the Rocky Mountains during winter or summer.
- Festivals. Telluride has an event for every interest! The Telluride Hot Air Balloon Festival, Yoga Festival, and Wine Festival happen annually in June. During fall, attend the grand Film Festival and Colorado’s longest-running Horror Film Show.
The main attraction is definitely the Telluride Ski Resort, which accommodates every skiing level. There are also options for snowboarding, dog sledding, and snowmobile rides. Kids or families can also enjoy ice skating, horseback or sleigh rides, and sledding. When the cold gets too much for you, head to a neighboringtown’s hot springs. Check out the Dunton, Durango, Ouray, or Orvis Hot Springs. Consider their day and overnight packages to end your ski trip.
Love exhilarating sports? Try rock climbing or bouldering in the jagged peaks around Telluride. You can warm up at the Adventure Rock in Mountain Village and proceed to the San Juan Mountains. You can also try water sports like rafting or stand-up paddleboarding in the rivers.
Turn the visit into a permanent stay: Buy or sell a home in Telluride, CO
The amazing location can make you feel like you’re on holiday year round. A brief stay in one of the luxury hotels in Telluride, CO can easily turn into a desire to relocate. If you’re considering moving here, find the best property that suits your needs. Start drawing your plans with a professional who has been in the area for decades, such as Thomas Smith. With a
team of experienced Realtors
, Team TD Smith will guide you so you can make the most out of your investment. The same is true if you’re a
Telluride resident looking to sell a property
in the hopes of moving elsewhere or seizing the opportunity presented by the current market. You know you’ll be working with the best because TDSmith ranked #22 in Colorado, according to the Wall Street Journal/Real Trends. No other broker in Telluride appears in the top 100 rankings, which is a testament to the expertise of the brokerage. Ready to buy or sell your property in Telluride, CO? We’re eager to help. Call +1 970.729.1577 or send us an email.